Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Stop Motion Animation of Falling

I used a painter's tarp as a blank background on the floor. I had my camera on a tall tripod.
I made the shape of some cliffs for the little mountain goat from some shelves nearby.
I had previously shot footage of the goat falling as reference. I think I depended too much on the reference and not enough on the principles of acceleration spacing that we learned. The rotation of the goat was an interesting factor to try to work in. This all resulted in the animation being a bit more choppy than perhaps is ideal. However, after much fussing around with iMovie, Photoshop, SAM, not having Quicktime Pro, going back to Photoshop... I decided what I had was sufficient.
My little Powerbook G4 has a difficult time keeping up with only it's OSX 10.4.11. It is becoming less and less compatible with the programs currently in popular use.


1 comment:

  1. When I uploaded my gif file, Blogger told me to save and publish when my post was done processing.
    Each time I go back my video is STILL processing.
    The gif file I have on my desktop, when opened in Photoshop is not the animation I thought I saved last– er, THIS morning. I'll try again.

    ReplyDelete