Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Character Animation




This is a Kitty Transformer A.K.A. "Sea Attack Ravage," a Decepticon. For a background I used a green plastic table cloth I had on hand in the hopes that WHEN I REMOVED THE BACKGROUND later in Photoshop, it would make things easier for me. Well, it took longer than anticipated. I didn't prepare well and didn't have a proven functional stop-motion program, so I had to find one at the last minute. It has been said that for every job there is a right set of tools, to use the wrong tools, while perhaps feasible, the work is poorer, and the time spent, longer. This was definitely true for me. It would be more fun if I knew what I was doing, AND if I had adequately prepared for the project. It was difficult to keep the poses in proper alignment.
Also, MY HEAD kept getting into the shots. Two people would have been nice.
But I did get it to move reasonably well I think.

2 comments:

  1. THIS ASSIGNMENT IS LATE.
    8:01AM Might be considered close enough to the due time, however, it was infact posted at 1 PM on Wednesday, November 3.
    8 AM is simply when I initiated my blog entry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No late charges :-) Sounds like you learned a lot from this assignment's challenges. That's what it's all about.
    Believability & Accuracy: 9 of 12 points
    Creativity: 5 of 8 points
    Total: 14 of 20 points

    ReplyDelete